Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dream

She appeared in a dream, this afternoon, after many many months, years of absence. Even so in the dream, I knew she'd been away for a long time.
With her usual expression - strong, confident, fulfilled - she stepped in from my hallway, on my birthday. Someone was playing a simple tune on a guitar and she sang "You're not alone, so don't you dare..." with a clear and cogent voice, carried by some life of earlier times. Like her mother always told us, draw strength and vitality from what went before.
And she embraced me while she sang, came towards me and held me in her arms, my head on her shoulder og tears streaming down my face into her hair. I felt joy and happiness, there were more people and someone had arranged this - for me.
I awake, crying, my throat contracted into a painful knot. I hold onto the image from the dream, I think of her, miss her beyond any feeling I can verbalise, and I think of all the people that I knew with her.
There is light at the end of the tunnel. She told me once when I never even imagined such a thing, such undivided hope in the future. I feel like she needs to know now. I don't know why. She was calling me in the dream - but where is she now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home