Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On a poetic note

"Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
Got to give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow
If you're trying to stay high then you're bound to stay low
You want God but you couldn't deflate your ego
If you're already there then there's nowhere to go
If you're cup's already full then its bound to overflow"

...I'm not religious, everybody knows that - but this part of Matisyahu's King Without a Crown always gets everything in me moving. Yasemin has born witness to that countless times in Thessaloniki when I first discovered the song. The important sentence for me is precisely the one with God mentioned - but I understand 'God' as any measure of Happiness we try to achieve in our lives. Such acievements require us to give up ourselves - I know it sounds corny, but still it's true for me. You have to give yourself up to find that which you hold in higher respect than your mere existence. For some, that is God, for others it is love, for me it is Life itself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home