Tuesday, August 15, 2006

'Drawing Danishness' moving into the world

I've had the incredible fortune of getting Mr. Uffe Ellemann-Jensen, former big shot politician in DK, to read my thesis. Although he is retired from politics now, his opinion is still valued in public debates here. As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, he encouraged the current government i.e. the same party he was leader of some years ago, to commission a proper investigation of discursive practices in DK. I sent him my thesis and got a positive and fruitful response this Sunday. He encouraged me to write a feature article for one of Denmark's liberal newspapers (not Jyllands-Posten) and forwarded my name to the editor...... (!!) So now, I'm struggling to put my fingers where my mouth is (??) and produce something fairly coherent and in Danish about this thesis. It ain't easy, I tell you. It's scary knowing that many people will possibly read it, my name will be in a newspaper next to something I have written and have to defend. Oh, the pressure... For the first time since I finished, I sat down today and started reading the bloody old thing. Some passages I still have to skip because I'm too embarrassed of the generalisations I'm making or the obvious political stance, I'm trying to hide. Honestly, my favourite parts are my thank you's and the title page...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home