Monday, May 08, 2006

...and they lived happily ever after (or at least the few days I've been here)...

Wedding is over and I must say I enjoyed it despite my natural dislike for official and church involving happenings. The wedding was modelled after Laetitia's (the beautiful bride) childhood dream and it was a pleasure to be part of it... Done French style, the festivities involved a magnificent 7 course dinner, the traditions of the bride and groom waltzing with their respective parents and the younger siblings seizing the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ridicule their "elders" in public and with everyone's undivided attention... Ils ont fait l'école du rire, bien sûr... At the end of the day, I had a tendency to zone out of conversations as understanding French requires constant concentration and deliberation. Sunday morning, my wonderful brain had imploded and I walked around like a zombie all day, not able to communicate in any of my half-languages...


Now, it's back to work - today is a national holiday in France (celebrating the end of WWII, I've been told), but I'm desperately trying to focus on my preparations for my meeting at the Council of Europe tomorrow - AND I promised to speak French all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home