Thursday, November 08, 2007

Confused the Indian way

My blogging seems rather sporadic. If only I could write everything I'm thinking... I'm currently confined to the head office of the organisation I'm working with. Jaipur is an amazing palce but I've had little time to enjoy it due to the famous Indian stomach flu. It's a curious feeling to be so helpless - all I wanted was my mother. The good thing about these things is that recovery is fast. Yesterday's visit to a proper Indian beauty parlour certainly helped, and today I'm almost at 100 per cent.
Coming to Jaipur this time has been an experience I will not soon forget. The purpose of our visit has been to sort out some organisational problems with the head office and also to try to speed up the process involving the release of our passports. Because yes, in the end the police decided to obstruct our work by making us worry about our right to stay here. Suffice it to say here that the intention of the police is clear, and to a certain extent they got what they wanted. We haven't been to the villages since last week. Here in Jaipur we've met with the right people and they're expecting to release our passports on Monday. I know these notes don't make much sense to an outsider because I can't write everything that has been going on in a public blog for everyone to read. The lesson I've learned is that Indian bureaucracy is best left to the Indians and diplomacy has many aspects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home