Sunday, June 10, 2007

Reminded of dreams

I used to dream about a house
and things and feelings of home
of wholeness and spirit and living in the city

This morning I walked the streets of Aarhus on my way to work. The weather is awesome, the park I traverse before I reach the city is spectacular, the amount of birds chirping, flying below the tree tops making their way to their new offspring, just learning how to fly.

I was reminded of a time when I was less of an adult and how I used to imagine myself, living an independent life, owning my own house, taking care of a garden, sipping cold red wine under a huge tree, reading books about life in a hammock. I had this vision of a house close to the water, so I could take my bike out there and take a swim in the morning.

It is funny how dreams change. When I thought of it this morning and felt a slight cramp around my heart - because it was so easy to dream back then. I miss dreaming of those kinds of things, peace and quiet and me in a hammock. Nowadays my dreams seem more complicated, more unattainable - it is like I forgot to work for the small things, even if I never forget to notice them.

I pledged to myself this morning to keep an open mind to dreaming. Remind myself to dream of simpler things. Now, here, when I am at work, I dream of an hour in the park with my book as soon as the work day is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home