Sunday, April 08, 2007

The unavoidable End of an Era

Wednesday I handed in my thesis in the History of Ideas. It carried the title "Who We Are. Researching Ideas of Racism and Difference in Denmark".

I wrote with everything I had in me about the institutionalisation of ethnicism and the injustice that the Danish government is committing against both minorities and majorities in Denmark. I did well and I am proud.

I replied to my calling and went out with a bang. BANG.

Today is Sunday and my first real day off since the event. I'm exhausted and wish I could sleep some more.

With everyday that goes by, I remember little bits and pieces from my history with the History of Ideas. In my thanks for the thesis, I wrote of how I felt like the thesis was a tribute to the people who make the institute what it is today - my supervisor and all the other young people there; a tribtue to a department that has given me room to be me, room for my thoughts about the world - and has applauded me for them and embraced me. I wanted to thank the department for that. I don't think enough people tell them how great they are. I tried to make up for it.

I'm tired. Wish I felt like doing stuff, going places, celebrating my new freedom. But all I wanna do is hang out at my parents' house in comfortable pants and without showering.

Åh Frihed...

Veni, vedi, vinci...

Peace out :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home